With the Home Efficiency Solutions Low-Interest Financing program from Alliant Energy and Wells Fargo Bank, you can invest in a geothermal heating and cooling system without worrying about loan fees, points, security liens or even a down payment.
You can tailor your financial package to meet your needs, and you'll benefit from lower energy costs for years to come.
How do I qualify?
Financing is available to residential, small business and agricultural customers of Alliant Energy in Iowa and Minnesota. Eligible property includes owner-occupied single-family homes and small businesses.
Please note: Alliant Energy is not involved in the loan approval process. Wells Fargo Bank is an equal opportunity lender.
How much can I borrow?
The minimum required amount for each qualified applicant is $1,500. The maximum amount available is $25,000.
What is the interest rate?
The interest rate varies between 0% APR and 6.9 % APR, depending on the term of the loan.
For example, a $5,000 loan for 60 months would have monthly payments of $98.77. If you finance your loan for 12 months, you could borrow funds interest-free.
Are there other fees?
There are no fees to obtain the loan. If you qualify for the loan according to the bank's requirements, you won't have to pay any loan processing fees, points, down payments, prepayment penalties or security liens.
Can I apply for other Alliant Energy incentives?
No - if you participate in the Low-Interest Financing program, you are not eligible for other incentives on the equipment financed.
How do I apply for a loan?
- Download the Low-Interest Financing request form.
- Ask your dealer for the specifications on your new equipment, including brand name, model number, size, and energy use.
- Send your completed claim to the address at the bottom of the form. Our program coordinator will verify that the equipment meets our minimum energy efficiency standards.
- If your equipment qualifies, we'll fax the information to Wells Fargo Bank. A bank representative will contact you regarding the loan application process.
- Wells Fargo Bank will notify you within 48 hours if your loan is approved.
- After the paperwork is processed, you can have the equipment installed.
- When the equipment is installed, send in your completed verification and release form (signed by you and your dealer). We'll fax it to Wells Fargo Bank for release of the funds.
This program is effective January 1, 2001, and is subject to periodic review and modification by Alliant Energy. Please check with an Alliant Energy representative regarding program expiration date. Alliant Energy does not guarantee that installation of high-efficiency equipment will result in reduced usage or demand, or in cost savings. Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for purpose. In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.